Sunday 14 July 2024

Two floral cards

 I had won a gift voucher from Altenew for one of my recent cards so was pleased that my parcel arrived Friday afternoon... 


Just a few items this time... saving my pennies to go to a craft fair coming up on Friday.  

Yesterday I got a bit of time to play with the Rose Bud dies and stencils. 


I decided to go for some darker colours.  I used the four inks from the Woodland Escape Fresh Dye inks... Pink Sand, Dusty Rose, Toasted Mauve and Redwood.  And used Marshlands and Sea Forest for the stems and leaves.  I then spritzed with some Frost Shimmer Spray.  It looks amazing in real life, but didn't photograph well.   I embossed a white panel with the Dotted Circles 3D folder.  Added the flowers with a bit of 3D tape behind the buds and glued the stems to the panel.   A few enamel dots for embellishment.  The sentiment is some glitter card, die cut from Versatile Greetings.

As this is the first time I've used the dies and stencil set, I'm entering into Darnell's -NBUS challenge 

My next card is made with the Colouring card that came with my purchases.  


I used Altenew Alcohol markers and Copic Markers with a touch of pencils to colour the card.  I trimmed and added some glitter card behind it.  Added a sentiment from the Elegant Sayings stamp set.  
Again used some Altenew Enamel dots for embellishment.  

Tomorrow I'm on Nanny duty for the day.  It's school holidays here.  Pop did Friday.  Had a lovely day with Grace, building a little veggie garden.   I'm taking her swimming and then we'll hit the craft room - her favourite place when she comes to our place.



5 comments:

HilaryJane said...

You made great choices with your gift voucher. Love both the cards especially that embossing folder xx

Chrissy said...

Two beautiful cards Dawn, I'm always impressed with stamping and die cutting which I struggle with so much with my eyes..vege garden looking good, love to pick fresh veges..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Darnell said...

I'm smiling widely over the photos of Grace, Dawn! There is nothing like the joy of spending time with the grands no matter what the activity is, but spending time in the craft room is amazing! I will never forget all the times I enjoyed making cards with the twins and I hope they never forget it either!

And good job winning an Altenew gift voucher and getting new goodies to play with! Your two cards are schparkly and beautiful! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Arlene said...

I love the darker colors for the Rose Bud card and I love the raised embossing behind the flowers. I bet it looks amazing in RL.

Beautiful colors and flowers on your second card. They really pull you into the card.

Greta said...

What sweet pictures of Grace and her grandpa! So good you guys can be such a big part of the kids lives! Love both cards!