Friday 25 October 2024

Die Cut Divas - World Cardmaking Day - all month!

It's my time to share some inspiration for Die Cut Divas for our October Diva Challenge. We're celebrating World Card Making Day all month long!! You just need to make a card including die cuts &/or use an embossing folder and enter it into the gallery by 9pm Pacific Time on October 31st.

I've been doing a few Christmas cards during this month so I'm keeping with that theme for my today's card.    I don't have a lot of My Favorite Things products - mostly older stuff from when I first started card making.  So today my Christmas card uses an older (discontinued) die called Hexagons.  



The die set has two dies - one that cuts a border and then separate hexagons.   The separate hexagons are two sizes... one the exact size of the border and one slightly smaller.    I chose to make the border in black and then used a variety of Christmas papers for the separate ones and layered together.  I've pair this border with an embossed panel from We Are Memory Keepers (Gemstones)  and a die cut sentiment from WPlus 9 (Seasonal Sentiments) Cut with some Altenew Sterling Glitter card and some stamped sub-sentiments from a Hero Arts Stamp and Cut set (Peace).

Thanks for stopping by. 


2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling Christmas card, Dawn - love the border of layered hexagons & the texture behind!!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Christmas card Dawn, what a great die..

Luv CHRISSYxx