Over at my local swap group, Carol set us a great challenge: 3-2-1. That meant using three different patterned papers, a two-word sentiment, and one focal image. I had such fun with this one, and it was a lovely way to play with colour, pattern, and a few favourite supplies.
For the three patterned papers, I chose a selection from a Uniti paper pack and cut them into ¾-inch strips. I angled one end of each strip and laid them side by side to create the background. For the two-word sentiment, I used a new Waffle Flower sentiment die, cutting the words from black card and the shadow from vellum. The focal image is a lovely flower from the Altenew Peony Bouquet layering stamp set, inked with Altenew Dried Petals inks. Finished with some tiny die cut gold hearts.
Even though I’ve had the Peony Bouquet set for a long time,
I still can’t seem to get the layers quite right — but I’m happy with how it
turned out, and the flower still looks great. My card made its way slowly to
Maxine in the end. NZ Post is very slow these days, but I’m glad it arrived
safely.
I'm entering this into Darnell's NBUS challenge as my sentiment was used for the first time on this card. This month's NBUS challenge is a thank you to all the wonderful companies out there that ensure we can make great cards.

No comments:
Post a Comment