It’s the final day of the Die Cut Divas Christmas in July challenge, and I’m back with a couple of festive cards featuring our wonderful sponsor, Waffle Flower.
For my first card, I used one of my favourite Waffle Flower dies: the Postage Collage Die.
I die cut three of the top “stamp” shapes so they would all be the same size, then used the poinsettia from the Christmas stencil to add colour with Distress Inks.
To create the centre panel, I found a free Christmas sweater
pattern image online, printed it out, and trimmed it to fit. Once the panel was
ready, I added the three die-cut “stamps” on top. I finished the card with a
Scrapbook.com die-cut sentiment, cut from red card that I had spritzed with
Sparkle Spray. It came together quickly and has such a fun Christmas feel.
For the second card, I had a little “oops” moment. I
originally cut the “stamps” slightly larger than the stencil, which meant they
didn’t fit quite as planned — but I decided to make it work.
To give myself more room, I chose a mini slimline card base. I made the base in red, then added a dark green panel embossed with a Cuttlebug folder for texture. After arranging the three die cuts across the card, I finished everything with a Spellbinders foiled sentiment.
I love when a creative mishap turns into another finished
card. It’s a good reminder that sometimes the best projects come from simply
adjusting the plan and carrying on.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope these cards
inspire you to join in with the Die Cut Divas Christmas in July challenge and
have some festive fun with your dies, stencils, and favourite holiday supplies.


No comments:
Post a Comment