Saturday, 1 August 2026

Sweet Stampin’ Challenge: Stripes or Chevrons

Hi there! Can you believe it’s already the 1st of August? This year is absolutely flying by. Today I’m sharing my latest card for the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge, where this month’s theme is “Stripes or Chevrons.”

I started by looking through my patterned paper stash for something that would suit the theme, and I found a chevron paper that immediately sparked the idea for this card.

To build the design, I trimmed a panel of the chevron paper and placed it across the centre of the card front. From there, I chose the focal image and sentiment. Lucy from Peanuts was the perfect fit, and the sentiment from the Peanuts stamp set finished everything off beautifully.

I stamped Lucy onto white card, die cut her with an oval shape, and coloured the image with alcohol markers. I added a black lacy mat for contrast, then white embossed the sentiment directly onto the patterned paper. I love how the bold chevrons work with the classic character image to create a fun, cheerful card.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you’ll join us at Sweet Stampin’ and share your own striped or chevron-inspired creation!

No comments: