It’s time for the latest challenge at Sweet Stampin’Challenge, and this time our theme is Autumn.
Here in New Zealand, autumn arrives earlier in the year and
we’re now heading into spring, but I still love that rich autumn/fall
colours: reds, oranges, browns and golds. Those warm tones became the
inspiration for my card.
On Friday, I was browsing my local stationery store when I
spotted an older paper pack from a magazine on sale for around $9. It included
21 sheets of 8” x 8” paper, along with lots of pre-printed elements, sentiments
and banners. One of the beautiful autumnal papers immediately caught my eye, so
I chose it as the main feature for this project.
The paper really is stunning, so I wanted to let it be the star of the show. I cut it with a Gina K Master Layout 2 stitched die, then matted it onto another patterned paper from the same pack. To add a little touch of glamour, I ran a gold pen around the edge of the panel.
For the sentiment, I used the Altenew Classic Sentiment
stamp and die set. I embossed the sentiment in gold onto white card, then
lightly ink blended over it with my orange brush to tie it back to the autumn
colour palette. A few sparkle gems finished everything off with just the right
amount of shimmer.
I hope you’ll come and join us at Sweet Stampin’ Challenge
with your own autumn-inspired projects. I can’t wait to see what you create!

1 comment:
ABso gorgeous Dawn, love the paper layering, colours, detail and the whole creation! CarolG
Post a Comment