Friday 11 November 2011

Thanks and Giving....

That's the challenge over at City Crafter Challenge Blog this week.... to celebrate Thanksgiving coming up in the USA.

As we don't have a celebration like this here in New Zealand, I went just with a Thanks card.

Butterfly Thanks

I used my newest stamp set "Borders" from Hero Arts/Basic Grey and and old set "Antique Engravings" ~a very well used set I can tell you....
I started with a piece of an old book and after trimming to size, used a mixture of Vintage Photo and Faded Corduroy distress inks to stamp the border and some mixed sized butterflies onto it.  This was matted onto wine card and then onto a cream textured square card.  I stamped the biggest two butterflies from the set onto some of the book page without text and using a mixture of distress inks and watercolour pencils, coloured them in and cut out.  I used dimensionals to pop them up and some glossy accents on their bodies.   I stamped the Thanks from a Sparkle Clear set, after carefully wiping off the ink for the tiny words under it.  Matted again with the wine card and popped up on the card.  A sprinkling of gems.... ( so I could enter into this months Hero Arts challenge!) and it was finished.    I used a sketch I had from a long time ago to inspire me with this one.

Just been spending the evening trying to decide what to take to Stamp Group tomorrow.... I think I'll just do Christmas cards.  I have one design that is all PP and only one stamp.... so have cut out all the pieces so will just have to do some assembly tomorrow.   Looking forward to catching up with everyone... I made some little bacon and egg savouries for lunch tomorrow... we usually have lots of sweet stuff so some savoury will be good.

Wishing you all a very happy and productive weekend

Hugs

Dawn 

16 comments:

Stamp with Angela said...

A beautiful card. I love the layout and your use of part of a page from a book. The colours are lovely and I love the stamps.

Lisa said...

ThAntique Engravings is a set that I do not own...I keep seeing it everywhere and everyone just loves it. I can see why :) Your card is lovely! I really like the color combo- very fall-ish :)
Have fun at your stamp group! The egg/bacon goodies sound delish!

Isha Gupta said...

This card is absolute stunning my friend. So so elegant and pretty.

Maureen Morton said...

Love this card, Dawn! The design is so great - perfect balance - and the butterflies are lovely. I wish I could join your group - sounds like such fun! Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

So pretty, Dawn! I love this design and your beautiful butterflies!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Dawn this is stunning! Those butterflies look like they just popped out of the background. Wonderful fall theme and colors!

Ros said...

How very beautiful ... I love the clean look to this ... so glad you joined us this week at CCCB

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colours and your butterflies are beautiful, fab design
Lindsay xx

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow, Dawn! Absolutely gorgeous, those butterflies are dreamy! Beautiful 'Thankful' card!

Brenda said...

Oh Dawn this is really exquisite! I love that rich brown against the white! Beautiful! Have fun at stamp camp!

Sientje said...

Such a wonderful card i love it. It is simple but that makes it so beautiful.

sheila said...

This is just gorgeos Dawn. I love your overstamping on the book script and your use of different stamps is perfect...they work so well together. Lovely, lovely card.

Unknown said...

This looks so beautiful... Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous work you have here, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

This is simply GORGEOUS! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Suzanne C said...

GORGEOUS is right. Love the design and the colors. Beautiful!