Thursday 22 April 2010

Cream in our coffee..

I was so excited when I popped over to The Play Date Cafe today.  There was my name in the Cream in our Coffee list.... the first time I have ever been recognised in a challenge.  Very exciting for me!!!!!   A big thank you to team and to Nancy and Suzanne whose wonderful cards inspired me to join in.

And I have also found out this week that one of my cards will be in Sherri's column on Scrapstreet.com.  I can't wait....

Last night I was checking out Stamp TV ( Gina K's website) and this weeks video was about using Impressibilities by Spellbinders.  I have two plates, but don't use them as much as I should.... I tend to forget them.  So out I drag them  and CASE'd Gina's card.
The Impressibility I used was one I hadn't even opened.... bought it and never got around to using!!!!  Once I had embossed it, I used my Tim Holtz tool to rub Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade and Dusty Concord distress inks over it.  Gina had used one colour but I liked the idea of shades.  I used the same colours to ink up the big butterfly from HA Antique Engravings set.  The sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo.  This has been entered into the OCC challenge on butterflies this week.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope the week has been going well.  I've moved into my new space.. ( much smaller :-( than what I had ...but oh well) and am doing lots of reading about the position.  All good!!!

14 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congratulations, Dawn!! And I love your beautiful card! The soft colors are gorgeous!

Deirdre said...

Dawn, I love it.... congrats too.

Virginia L. said...

YAY! So happy for your recognition at the Play Date Cafe!!I LOVE your butterfly card and the images are BEAUTIFUL! I just bought my very 1st Impressibilities by Spellbinders at the Scrapfest and after I tried it out, I find the image very faint and subtle.Yours looks looks so much more embossed than mine. I used plate A, C and B on my CB. So I'm not sure if I'm using it right. I would really appreciate if you can give me some tips on that. Thanks in advance, Dawn !!!!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Big congrats on being recognized over at PDCC! Yay, so happy for you, I'll go and check out your card! I really like those impressibilities, they have such a nice look to it, one thing at a time! Too much enabling and I'll be broke! ;) You will be getting used to your new position soon! Hang in there!

Tilly said...

Congratulations Dawn, and I also love your butterfly card. I really shoud get my C/Bug and plates out more. Tend to forget about them until I see some wonderful inspiration, like your card here. BTW I found the Aussie Cardmaking/Papercraft magazine info (buried under a pile of papers on my desk!) and see my article is in the May issue in Australia, so we'll only get it here in June or July.

Kelly Booth said...

Congrats Dawn!!! How Fun...Love this card so Very Pretty!! Hugs!!

Anita Rex said...

Yay so happy for you and your reckognition! Yay to scrapstreet too! :> Love this card, so funny that you bought that die and never got to use it, it's beauitful! Great colors!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your recognition, Dawn! It's been long overdue! Love your butterfly card--must try those Impressabilities!

Suzanne C said...

Well deserved! So happy you were selected for the cream of the coffee! Love this card! The colors are gorgeous and the different elements are beautiful!

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Dawn, congrats on being the cream! This is a beautiful card Dawn and I love the colours that you have chosen - so pretty, Jo x

Deirdre said...

Dawn, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. Deadline for the entries hasn't been reached yet so the projects are still being worked on by the Dream Team.

Maybe late afternoon your time because we are only at 11pm on 24 April here in Ireland and I am just about to "turn in". Many thanks for all your support - we really appreciate it.

Pajalu said...

Congratulations Dawn :D!!! I am so happy for you. It sounds like you are on a roll. Work will get better I am sure. Happy ANZAC Day xoxoxoxoxoxo

Julie Leblanc said...

Nicely done...thanks for sharing and playing with Our Creative Corner this week:-)

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Congrats, Dawn! How fun!