Monday 19 July 2010

July's CCC...

It's that time of the month again.... I've received some wonderful cards from Betty ... and the cards I sent to Barb have arrived....

These were what Betty sent to me....  aren't they just lovely.  In the package she sent them in were also included a pile of lovely old book pages, some of the die cut leaves ( like on her birthday card), some lovely old sewing pattern tissue, a sheet of the film for masking... such a lot of lovely goodies... most appreciated Betty.

Now I had to send a card to Barb - ( who by the way sent me a card in June's challenge)
I really didn't know what to do.... the sketch stumped me so I went with the theme... but couldn't choose which one.... so yes I did two ....

The first one is the Friendship theme.... I made the background purple in Alcohol inks and then embossed the Poppies in white over the top.
For the beach theme, I used Joy's technique with the distress inks, water and stamping with it.  I used Tea Dye and Wild Honey inks to make the strip and then did some masking to put all the shells together.

All in all, I really enjoy these monthly challenges... head over to Deborah's blog around the last Friday of the month and join in.... so much fun.

Off to do some blog surfing..... and to get some inspiration!!!

Take care and thanks for stopping by...

10 comments:

Lin said...

What a bounty of inspiration you've given us today! Love each one of them!

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for sharing, Dawn! Love your layered stamping on all of them. BEAUTIFUL!!

Barb said...

The cards from Betty are so pretty! And how nice of her to send the goodies too. I, of course, adore my two cards! They sit right where I can see them everyday. Both so gorgeous! Thank you, my friend!

Jill said...

WOW! Lots of eye candy in this post! I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY (did I mention REALLY?) love your shell card! GORGEOUS!

Nancy said...

I especially love the cards you sent to Barb...they are both so beautiful. How fun to find all the little goodies and extras in your package from Betty, along with her fab cards. I just love the CCC, I'm having a blast sending cards all over the world and seeing where the next one will come from, so fun!
blessings to you, sweet friend, as you gather your creative inspiration,
nancy

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on your Happy Summer card featured in CARDS blog!! Love everything about that card! Way to go, Dawn!!

stampingandstitching said...

Isn't it wonderful to have all these wonderful cards whizzing around the world because of Deborah's CCC! Thanks for sharing Dawn!

Tomo H. said...

Both of your cards made for the CCC is so beautiful! And the recieved cards are so lovely as well! Thanks for sharing, Dawn!

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Dawn..lovely card from Betty...and I love your purple card sooo lovely and the one with sea shell yippiee your card is ON CARDS BLOG...(I send many times but never been choosen there dear) congrats my dear...so happy to see your name there...your sea shell looks so real with that color combo dear....hugs

Suzanne C said...

Lovely layering of the shells. SO very pretty and the other card is gorgeous too! Wonderful cards from Betty.