The theme was to use a Hero Arts woodgrain stamp ( don't have) or to use distress ink (which I do... 28 colours in fact now) I decided to break out my new Timely Bird Collage cling stamp and off I went.... used distress inks to colour, but then I cut around it.... yuck wish I hadn't done that... looked awful....oh well only have 90 mins so better get on with it,.. added some black Enamel Accents.... well let me tell you.... DO NOT pick it up to photo when it is wet..... smeared something terrible.....all over the card, all over my fingers..... HELP!!!!! now what.... only 45 mins left..... so start again.... have to be different this time.... needs to be simple.....
Oh much better looking ( and NO enamel accent in sight)
This time I stamped the image and then used an oval nestie to cut it out. Left it in the die and used some Tea Dye distress to sponge around the inside. Then painted with some Pearlescent paints and some distress inks. Once I took it out of the die, it left a lovely frame so was able to quickly mount onto the cinnamon card stock with the ribbon and the sentiment. Nice and clean and simple.... in the end was rather pleased with the result.... now I know I can do more with this stamp.... maybe some layering, or highlighting, and as my friend pointed out, it would make a great acrylic overlay.... so lots of ideas running around for when I have more time.
My desk however at the end of the 90 minutes looked like a bomb site....
Yes Sue.... I know!!!!!!!!!!! I am a messy messy crafter..... she has seen my desk even on a good day!!!!!!!!!
Rest of the day went well.... sun sun and sun.... walked down to the beach and had a swim and a
here's one of the family