First I'll tell you about the car we are buying.... Hubby currently has a Nissan Maxima that we bought from new in Sept 2002... yes~ nearly 9 years ago... so he thought it was time to upgrade. He went to the dealership on Thursday as they were having a HUGE sale.. and they did come up with a great deal... So he decided that he wanted one in Amethyst Grey. It had to be ordered in. Today we went to sign up and had a look at it...it has arrived, but needs to be valeted, and have the paint protection added so it will be Tues or Wed before we pick it up... Very exciting... nothing so nice as the smell of new leather in a new car. Can't wait.
And on the stain front... the cleaner was amazing and has managed to remove all of the stain. A big sigh of relief from me! He did such a good job I'm going to get him back to clean the whole of the downstairs carpets.
Now for my Frame cards.. I started by inking up the Simple Frame stamp with Brushed Corduroy and stamped it twice.
For my first card I masked the frame and then used some distress inks to colour the background. My inspiration for this was the wonderful backgrounds produced by Jill Foster She does amazing backgrounds with distress inks and uses water splotches a lot. My colours are more muted than she uses. I then stamped the Hero Arts Antique Background in Wild Honey ink. I stamped it again on some scrap card and used my aqua brush to colour in the Butterfly and Dragonfly and cut them out and added to the card for dimension. I layered the panel onto some orangey card that I had stamped the Envelope pattern onto. Added a sentiment in the Brushed Corduroy to finish.
My second card using the frame used similar techniques. I masked around the frame and used the Envelope Pattern as well. This time I used Hero Arts Timely Bird Collage. I stamped it again to get the bird to 3-D. I painted the background bird and flower with some distress inks mixed with Iridescent Medium. I trimmed the panel and distressed with Tea Dye ink and layered onto dark brown and then onto the cream card base. I had made a few crochet flowers sitting watching "Country Calendar" after dinner this evening, so used one on the corner of the card with a button I made with my new molds from Mold Muse ( here)
Well it's now time to hit the sack. Hubby went off about 20 mins ago but I was still wanting to finish this post.
Enjoy your weekend all