Friday 24 June 2011

Wedding wishes to Aimee and Callum

Friends of my daughter are getting married today in Perth... A big congratulations to Aimee and Callum.   I've made a card for them.... it's winging it's way to Perth just now.

Congatulations Aimee and Callum


I used the Penny Black stamp set " J'aime Paris" and stamped the lovely couple onto white card that I had embossed with a folder.  I used watercolour pencils to add a soft touch of colour.  I then added pearls for the bouquet and buttonhole.  The corner flourishes are from Inkadinkadoo and the sentiment was in a freebie set in a magazine.   I hope the day went well for them.

I didn't tell you about our little mishap on Saturday night.... we had a very enjoyable evening with our Family Group sharing a lovely Mid Winter Christmas dinner..... but unfortunately a full glass of red wine got spilt over our dinning room carpet.... yeap... a FULL glass... we managed to wipe the walls and under the breakfast bar and tipped copious quantities of table salt over the stain.... but to no avail.  Well some but not all was sopped up.  Now there is still a very bad stain.  The cleaners are coming in to try and clean it tomorrow.  After that.... well that's still to be seen.  Just an added expense....

Good weekend planned.... hope to visit SENZ  It is New Zealand's biggest Scrapbook and card making Expo.  I hope to get out to the Telstra Stadium on Sunday.  It's about 40 kms from home ~ right over the other side of the city to me.... There's always lots of goodies with 30 stall holders and lots of make'n'takes as well as classes.  Most of the classes are full now so I'll be just a shopper!!!!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Dawn

6 comments:

Isha Gupta said...

Lovely card Dawn.You are creating Gorgeous card with this stamp. TFS

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful, its absolutely a perfect wedding card.
luv
Debby

Lisa said...

Perfect wedding card- I just love how you used the pearls for the flowers! Lucky you to get to go to the Expo! Have a ton of fun!!
And hopefully the cleaners can get that wine stain up :(

Barb said...

Dawn, what a lovely wedding card! The bits of red are so perfect! About your stained carpet. . .I once spilled a glass of red wine on my brand new beige carpet and it came out with a product called Spot Shot. Best stuff ever! I don't know if you can get it there in New Zealand but thought it was worth telling you. Good luck!

donna mikasa said...

I never thought of using that stamp for a wedding card--what a great idea! Sorry about your carpet...hope to hear an update!

Suzanne C said...

So elegant and beautiful! Lovely clean design with the pop of colors on the flowers!