Tuesday 28 June 2011

Summer Card Camp 2011


I was lucky enough to win a spot in Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Warner's Summer Card Camp from Shari's blog.  It's a month long camp full off wonderful inspiration.   Our first week's inspirational colours are Purple, Pink, Orange, Sky Blue and White....  I am so pleased to be able to join this camp as it's all about colours, something I struggle with, so I'm hoping for some good inspiration.  I really find it hard to combine colours but here's my first card for the week
Butterfly fun

I started by using some orange card to punch out a lacy border.  Then I took some sky blue card and stamped the flourish background in blue and purple distress inks.  I then distressed around the edge with the blue and purple.  I had some pre-coloured butterflies in my stash ~ conveniently in pink, purple and orange.  I just had to add the sentiment to finish the card.

I did have lots of fun, trying to think what I would do... did lots of doodling and sketching so have lots of ideas.

Got the new car this afternoon.... it is FABULOUS.  What a wonderful smell of new car leather.  Can't wait for the weekend so we can take it out for a blat.... and I can get some good photo of it to share....  Can you tell I'm a bit excited!!!l

Have a good week... I'm off to check out Day 2 of the camp...

Cheers

Dawn

11 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous butterfly card.
luv
Debby

joy said...

Hi, Dawn! Your card is so pretty - isn't the summer camp fun?? Hope I can keep up!!

Pajalu said...

Dawn way to go :D! Congrats on the win & on your wonderful card. I so can't wait to see what else you come up with. Sending hugs & can't wait to see the new wheels ;) xoxoxoxoxo

Lin said...

LOVE how this turned out, Dawn!

Lisa said...

Great card, Dawn! I LOVE the multicolored bg :) The butterflies are the perfect addition for that bg as well- very pretty! Have fun at camp!

Barb said...

Like I said before, nothin' better than a brand new car! Can't wait to see a photo! Love your card for camp and so glad you're there with me! Those butterflies are beautiful, Dawn!

Dotty Jo said...

How lucky are you winning a place on Summer Camp! Love your card - can't woit to see what else you create. Enjoy the new car, there really is nothing like a lovely, new set of wheels, Jo x

Scrumplescrunch said...

It has turned out wonderfully Dawn.
Smiles:)

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. Wish I could also join in and learn more about colors. Enjoy friend.
Hugs

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the brightly colored butterflies!

donna mikasa said...

So happy for you that you won a spot at SCC! Great card--love those butterflies!