Tuesday 9 August 2011

I did a Demo.........

On Saturday I did a demo for the ladies I stamp with, using Pearl Ex Powders.  I showed them an ATC I had done that used this technique, so they demanded I do a demo for them showing how I did it....
So I did.... I borrowed a stamp of Helen's.  A Stampin' Up one.  Perfect for the technique
PearlEx demo

I stamped with Versamark onto black card stock, then taking a soft brush and the Pearl Ex powders I dusted the colours onto the stamped image.  I used some plain colours and some Interference colours.  The Interference colours shimmer and change colours.  Once I had finished I sprayed the piece with Hairspray to set the Pearl Ex.  If you use Perfect Pearls you don't need to set the powders.  I finished the card with a Hero Arts sentiment and some lovely green Seam binding ribbon.


Everyone enjoyed my demo and all were keen to have a go.   This is a technique I don't use enough.  It really makes a pretty card.


All went well at my pre-op today.  My surgeon fully explained what he was going to do.  I need to be at the hospital at 10.30 next Thursday.   The surgery is around 2 1/2 to 3 hours depending on whether he can do it through the side or if he needs to cut into the back.  I'm hoping the side way will be possible as it is less invasive and makes for quicker healing as less muscle is damaged.  


Thanks to you all for your lovely comments, I really appreciate them.



Dawn

11 comments:

joy said...

Hi, Dawn! I've been away from "blogland" for awhile. The demo you did is gorgeous - I haven't used that tecnique in ages. Here's hoping your surgery is a success and that you have a speedy recovery. It's always a bit scary, but good results are always worth going through a surgery like this. My thoughts and prayers will be with you1

Erum Tasneem said...

i love this! it looks stunning esp on dark background!

Lin said...

Beautiful result, Dawn - this looks like fun!

Maureen Morton said...

Great sample, Dawn! I have had Pearl Ex for some time but didn't know what to do with it. You are a real doll!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous card Dawn. Love the effect...I tried this technique but it didnt give the effect with chalks....love that shimmery shine.
All will be well with the Operation. i am thinking about you.
Hugs

Barb said...

Love this technique and I don't use it enough either, so thanks for the inspiration, Dawn! Your card turned out beautifully!

Just to be sure, "next" Thursday is a week from Thursday, right? That would be on the 18th? I want to make sure I'm thinking about you and sending positive thoughts and a prayer. I know it's all going to go very smoothly. Hugs to you!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dawn
Wonderful, wonderful card, love the stamp also.
I will not be at Stamp Group this Sat for obvious reasons which is a bummer, but I am back making cards thank goodness and back to viewing every one else's too, which is making me very happy.
Smiles:)

Clare said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card, Dawn!! I sooo need to try out this technique! Looks so nice!

Hope your surgery goes well, Dawn! I will say a prayer for you!!

Nancy K said...

Thanks for reminding me that those pearly powders are another great coloring technique to use. Your card is lovely...shows off those pearls perfectly.
You'll be in my prayers in the coming days and weeks. Praying for a successful outcome and relief from your back pain.
blessings to you, Dawn!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful results and it reminds me that Versamark doesn't always have to be stamped on white CS. I should try it on black more! Gorgeous, bold palette you've used. Best to you on your surgery, Dawn!

Suzanne C said...

Cool effect! Lovely card!