Thursday 19 January 2012

A card with rolled paper.

Paige, over at the CREATE blog set an interesting challenge this week... to used Rolled Paper.  Now for most of the week, I thought and thought... but in the end, I simply went with Rolled Roses.  I used a small and medium Die-Namics dies.

Friends Forever


I cut some gold printed vellum to make my rolled roses.  The little one was quite tricky to roll, but got there in the end.  My image is from a booklet of Lily of the Valley images I got in a magazine.  I coloured it with watercolour pencils and a blender pen.  I added a little distress ink around the edge.  The PP's are from a freebie set from NitWits.   Just layered them and the image.  Added some Hero Arts adhesive lace... but when I took the photo I realised it was not straight on the card.  :-(   The little sentiment comes from a  Sparkle Clear set by Hero Arts.

Still way behind with my CAS online class... and believe it or not... I still am only up to day 8 of Tim's Tags..... I WILL FINISH THEM.... some time before December 2012!!!!  Today I got the next 3 months images for Mygrafico design team.... so lots of playing ahead.  I get excited and want to make lots of cards and projects at once.... I have to pace myself!

Thanks for visiting today...
Dawn

12 comments:

Pajalu said...

Wow Dawn you sound like you are going to be busy. Have fun with it all. Love your card, it's so sweet & pretty xoxoxoxo

Dotty Jo said...

Such a pretty card, Jo x

Lisa said...

Adorable image, and those roses are really the perfect finish for this!! :)

Maureen Morton said...

Boy, do have your mojo in high gear, Dawn! This is simply dear! Those sweet roses go so perfectly with this adorable image and you have colored it expertly. Love the touch of lace, too.

Barb said...

Darling image, Dawn! Such a sweet card! Love your pretty rolled roses - they look so soft and delicate! :)

Deirdre said...

Just beautiful Dawn. Love the rolled flowers.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so pretty and the image is adorable
Lindsay xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your sketch - and the image is so sweet and you have coloured it beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Stamp with Angela said...

Such a cute image. You did a greatb job with your rolled roses.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Such a sweet image you got to color in! And your rolled flowers look amazing!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely rolled roses! Beautiful card. Sweet image!

sheila said...

your coloring jsut rocks Dawn and the rolled roses are really sweet. Haven't tried that yet....next of my "to learn" list!