Saturday 24 March 2012

Hope your day is the sweetest ever.....

what a super cute sentiment.  It's a stamp from Montagra ~ a New Zealand stamp company.  My Dad bought this last year when he was out here, and I stamped it off a few times for future use... and today I did use it.

Sweetest Day Ever

This card came about when I saw the Wee Stamps images in a magazine.  They are digital stamps but are also available in rubber from Whimsy Stamps.  I think they are so cute and the digi's at around $4NZ are quite reasonable.  I resized the digi to around 90% and printed out.  I used Spellbinders circles and scallop circles to cut and mat the image.  I found some sweet paper in my stash and trimmed to fit the pink card base. I used a Martha Stewart deep punch to make some lace.  I cut a flourish from the same colour paper as the mat.  As I wanted to enter this into Lily Pad's latest challenge~  Flowers, I made some hand rolled felt flowers.  I used two sizes Die-namics rolled roses and pink and white felt.  Added some green leaves, the sentiment, and lots and lots of bling.

Also entering into Cardmadfairy's Digi Days challenge ~ Use a sentiment
                           Moxie Fab World ~ DIY embellishments
                         

I've found a great site if you want to find a challenge.... it's called Feline Playful and every day has a list of challenges. 

Had some issues this week with a leaky Hot Water cylinder and ended up with cold washes two mornings in a row, till we got it fixed, but now have a wet floor in the cupboard and it's leaked into the understair cupboard.  Have had to have the fan heater on to try and dry things out.  Hoping that no permanent damage to the floor. 

My Simon Says order arrived today.... very exciting as I forgot I'd ordered one stamp set..

So more flowers to colour in.  Hope to have a play tonight.... and I got the April Kit ~ lots of lovely goodies to play with.  But heading off next Friday for 2 weeks overseas and NO CRAFTING!  how will I cope!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your weekend 
Dawn

12 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

A cutie card Dawn, and a lovely sentiment.
Insurance claim coming up I feel!
Smiles:)

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute card Dawn. Hope you have a fabulous and relaxing holiday!!

Brenda said...

Hi Dawn! THis is the sweetest image, beautifully coloured in and that sentiment and the font are really precious! Two weeks without crafting, ooh, that's tough! But you need to enjoy your holiday! So sorry to hear about the leak, hope the damage won't be too bad! Thanks for the link to that challenge site, I'm going to look it up.

joy said...

This card is just adorable, Dawn! I love that sentiment and the rolled roses are so pretty, too! Your coloring is amazing.

It is hard to be away from crafting, but you deserve a break and change of scenery now and then! I hope you have a wonderful time away!1

Lin said...

That is a cute saying, and your card illustrates it perfectly, Dawn! Enjoy your time away - and come back soon!

Isha Gupta said...

Cute image, cute sentiment and cute card. this might have been fun to color and you did it perfectly. Love it Dawn:)

Virginia L. said...

This card is DARLING! I love how you colored and layered the image! Looks like you are going to have some FUN with the new stamps! Enjoy!! xo

Barb said...

What a charming image that is, Dawn, and I do love that sentiment! Beautiful layering!

Greta said...

What a darling card! I love how your row of gems ends at the roses--perfectly designed!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Adorable Dawn and those hand- rolled felt flowers are amazing!

Suzanne C said...

Cute! Lovely coloring and design!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Love your card Dawn!! Thanks for sharing. Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Please visit my blog as I am new and would like to add followers. Thanks.