Monday 26 August 2013

A bit of Grey and Red

Over at Hero Arts Flickr group, Barb set a little challenge... to use Grey and one other colour and only Hero Arts stamp/s.

I chose to use Hero Arts Poppy ink with Wet Cement ink to make my card.  The Wet Cement is not quite as grey as I thought, but together they do look good.

Barb's Grey and one colour challenge

I used stamps from My Favorites and Brush Strokes sets to make my splatters.  And the pen, ink splatter and ink pot were added.  I used the ink to water colour the pen and ink pot.  The circles are the top of stamp cleaner bottle stamped with the two inks.  

As I used some Stamp Your Story stamps I've added this to Hero Arts latest challenge as well. 

Today I was telling the girls at work about the Explosion Box I'm working on and next thing, I've got an order to make one for an Anniversary at the end of the month.   

Enjoy your week... the last week of August.  This year is simply flying by.  

7 comments:

joy said...

Love this, Dawn!

Lin said...

Fun mix, Dawn! These colors are great together, I don't think there's anything that grey doesn't work with....

Maureen Morton said...

Fun color combo and a card that says so much. I'm not into this new trend yet, but I'm always a bit behind. Really like this. Good for you and for Barb!

Scrumplescrunch said...

hello Dawn
What a great card, it is playful and brings a smile to my face, love the palette as well. It brings back vivid memories of being in primary school learning to write, inevitably I would have 'splotches!'
Smiles
Sue

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Dawn - love the colour combination and the way you have used the stamps. Enjoy your commissioned box :-).
Blessings
Maxine

debby4000 said...

Absolutely brilliant.
luv
Debby

Arlene said...

Love it! So creative and feels like just an adventure waiting to happen. LOVE IT!