Tuesday 27 August 2013

Scramble #67

Wow... over at the Hero Arts Flickr group Kim from Canada hosted the 67th scramble over the weekend.  It was at 7.00am Sunday morning at my place and as I was awake after a restless night, coughing and generally not sleeping well, I got up and in my dressing gown, played along.

Kim's scramble theme was a masculine card using the colours of your favourite sports team.  My first thought was to use the Blue and Yellow of the Otago rugby team, but after 10 mins thinking I gave up and went for the Black and Silver of the All Blacks rugby team (who had a great win against Australia the evening before!)

Inspired by the All Blacks

Very clean and simple ~  Used HA Three Ferns embossed in silver and a sentiment.  

And because it was so quick and simple, I did have some time to try the blue and yellow colour scheme.

Scramble #67 Take Two

I used a technique I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog  I laid stripes of yellow and blue card onto some white card and die cut the YOU.  I stamped the HA Postcard and matted it with some yellow card and then added the birthday sentiment and the die cut.  Added some yellow ribbon and added to the blue card base. 

No too bad to get two cards made in 90 mins.  And when I was finished and dressed, we all went out to have breakfast at a cafe.  Great way to start a Sunday morning.  

Today I'm at home as I woke with the cough and a headache and a throat that feels like it's full of glass shards.  Hopefully the day at home will make me better.




9 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Lovely cards Dawn! Love the 'You' die cut!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning cards Dawn - love the black and silver, and the die cut on the second one is stunning!! Must remember that technique next time I craft!
Blessings
Maxine

Virginia L. said...

Both cards are awesome! You are quite a lean mean (the nice kind) card-making machine! I can't believe that you made these two beauties under 90 minutes! The silver embossing is fabulous! I love the color combo on the 2nd card!

Doreen said...

Gorgeous cards.xxx

Arlene said...

I couldn't believe you got two cards done in that 90 minutes. AND BOTH fantastic! Here is envious me!

Maureen Morton said...

These are both so fun, Dawn! You rocked this scramble and must have the most nimble fingers ever to have done these gems so fast. Go, teams!

Brenda said...

I think that sore throat thing is going around the world or something because mine will not go away! Got some Colloidal Silver spray today from a health store, apparently it will cure me of almost anything!!!! Love both your cards Dawn, that trick of Jennifer;s is wonderful. Hope you feel better soon!

Greta said...

Hope you're feeling better, Dawn. These scramble cards are super! Amazing work when you didn't even feel well--love them!

Stamp with Angela said...

Great cards. I really like your black and silver one.