Friday 29 May 2015

Mask-erade class

http://onlinecardclasses.com/maskerade/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/MSK_participant.png 
I'm taking part in the latest Online Card Class and although I have watched the first three days class, I did manage only a sample from the first two day... still lots of ideas from each day to try out!

Day 1:
 this technique is to use both the positive and negative masks.  I used some Eclipse masking paper to make my masks.  I start by using the the negative part and using some pink ink to sponge onto the card.  I then used the positive mask to cover the heart and stamped the flowers from a WPlu9 set and the leaves from a Hero Arts set.  Had a bit of a failure, as the red ink seeped through the masking paper... but I decided to just go with it... I added the little trio of dots in various colours to match my flowers.  The sentiment is one from a Hero Arts set.  I love my MISTI tool for stamping these sorts of sentiments.  It did take around 4 times to get it really black.  So easy with the MISTI.  Used some scraps of card and PP to add to a red base. 

Day 2:
This is a one layer card inspired by Jennifer McGuire's card.  I made my mask by die cutting a butterfly - Tristan by Memory Box.  I then used tiny stamps from a Hero Arts set and some from a Simon Says Stamp set.  I embossed them with Liquid Platinum powder.  Finished with a Hero Arts sentiment.

I'm away for the weekend.  I have a case full of crafty goodies as lots of new stamps arrived in my mailbox this week.  It's Queen's Birthday weekend so we get Monday off so three days to play.  I'm typing this while the others are watching The Hobbit - The Unexpected Journey.   

Take care and have a great weekend. 

8 comments:

Betty said...

both your cards are lovely Dawn - the butterfly is gorgeous! glad you're having fun with your new stamps!

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Monika Reeck said...

cute the firsr card with that tiny flower...Lobe the colors Dawn...and the second card woooww
I trully never try pink and silver
looks amazing and that butterfly..
ADORABLE Dawn
Love both of your card

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous class work, Dawn! Enjoy your time away!

kiwimeskreations said...

Dawn these are stunning - love the platinum on pink in the second one in particular.
Enjoy your time away, and all the new goodies :-) - we are babysitting grand children while theor parents are in Akld.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Enjoy your time away, Dawn! Looks like a great class & I love the butterfly card! Guess I am going to have to get a Misti after all--LOL!

Shawna said...

How simple yet so effective. the silver and pink are a great combo! I am in love with that butterfly stamp. Very CAS without the white space but using pink also works for your space management. I think this card is great!!

Barb Ghig said...

I could have sworn I left love for these beautiful cards...maybe it was on Flickr :)
I love how you used the positive and negative masks on the first card and the fun color combo is fabulous! Your butterfly is absolutely stunning, Dawn! I love the tiny flowers and leaves inside and using Liquid Platinum is so pretty against the pink background!