Saturday 22 August 2015

Texture with Dry Embossing

Hi crafting friends...It's my day to share some inspiration over at A2Z Scrapbooking,  Our theme this month is Texture.   You can get awesome texture using embossing folders.  I have two cards to share with you today.
First up
Metallic textured card
This card uses a technique I saw over on Jennifer McGuire's blog.  It used distress inks and Perfect Pearls.  I used Fossilised Amber and Bronze Perfect Pearls to do the metallic panel after adding masking around the edge.  Once it dried, I used my trusty Cuttlebug to emboss with a We Are Memory Keepers 3D folder.  It really adds a heap of texture to the panel.  I finished off with a die and sentiment from the Hello Stamp and die set and a few black pearls.  Matted onto black and white card before adding to a black card.
My second card uses a stamp and die from last Christmas.
Christmas Holly
This time I used Hero Arts Ombre Ink (Greens) to make my metallic panel together with Perfect Pearls. Embossed with another WRMK 3D folders.  Stamped the Hero Arts Holly Leaves in black and clear embossed onto green card.  Added some additional colour with a Zig marker.   Then die cut it out.  Stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx black ink.  Coloured some gems with a Copic marker to get my red berries.   Trimmed the panel and matted with some gold foil card and onto a dark green base.
Remember if you are in need of any items from the a2z Scrapbooking store  you can use code Dawn15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more. (before tax and shipping)  And don’t forget that we are on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.  Follow us on these different social media outlets so you won’t miss out on any fun promotions!   Also, the a2z Store now has the 2015 Hero Arts  Christmas release in stock. So now there’s even more reason to go shopping!!!!!!
Dawn

5 comments:

Greta said...

These are wonderful, Dawn! I recently made a card with that technique & just got one of those 3D folders. You've inspired me to create some more!

kiwimeskreations said...

What stunning cards Dawn - I lov that technique and must use it again.
Blessings
Maxine

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great cards you made with that technique - I am totally in love with it, too!

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! Your cards are amazing, Dawn! I love all the texture and dimension you created with your embossing folders and the shimmer that you added with Perfect Pearls! Love, Love, Love the holly and berries so much! Gorgeous cards!

Monika Reeck said...

I love this technique from Jennier too but I dont own perfect pearl and my embossing folder not so nice to make this technique I am newbie at buying embossing folder hehehe
Your card are adorable love the shiny on the first card and beautiful dies sentiment Dawn