Wednesday 24 August 2016

Beautiful Butterflies

I was playing around with my Stamp Of Approval Lovely Notes tonight, using the butterfly set.  It is stunning.  I managed two quick cards...

First up I did some embossing - dry and wet. 


I embossed the background with a new folder I recently got.  The butterflies were stamped onto Vellum with Altenew ink and then versamark before being embossed with WOW Clear Sparkle powder.  I then fussy cut them.  I used a Spellbinders label's die to cut my sentiment panel.  Sentiment is from the same set as the butterflies.

My second card was made with the Simon Says Stamp challenge in mind... "Make for the border"


I used the bigger butterfly again, this time using some various Pixie Powders on the stamp.  I then inked the edge of the stamp with black ink.  Turned out very pretty.  The powders have quite a shimmer to them.  I used a sentiment from a previous SOA collection - Beautiful World.  And finished with a few sequins.  I layered the panel onto some purple card and used a Fiskers edge punch.  My favourite colour with my favourite theme - butterflies. 

All in all, a fun evening of crafting.

3 comments:

Betty said...

lovely cards Dawn - the embossed background is so pretty and love the purplish butterfly

Greta said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn! I really love the look of the butterfly with the Pixie Dusts!

Monika Reeck said...

beautiful both of your cards Dawn
the second one looks like you painted it and has adorable sentiment
love all your card with purple cause it is my fav colors (you know I guess)