Sunday 4 December 2016

Summer flowers...

Summer has arrived here in Auckland (at last).  The weekend has been really lovely and this afternoon Hubby and I walked down to the beach and I lay on my towel and read my book.

 This was my view laying on my back looking up at the wonderful blue sky. 


And this is the new wharf at Murrays Bay.  Hubby went for a swim but way too cold for me yet. 

So got home and decided I'd had enough sun for the day - time to participate in the Hero Arts Flickr group 90 min scramble.  It's a 24hr version, so you just take 90 mins any time in the 24hrs and make your card.  Cindy set the challenge - to use ALL the stamps in a set or use a background stamp.  I took the easy route with my set and used a layering flower Hibiscus set.

After a few false starts - not lining up my stamps well....(and still not 100% lined up) here is what I did


I used all the stamps together with some Hero Arts and Altenew inks and lots of masking.  
Here is the set I used


I managed to get it made and photographed in 75 mins.   Nice to do a non Christmas card .... even though I still have heaps to make to get in the post in the next few days.  I'll be choosing a simple design to make multipes of for my NZ family and friends.

Thanks for stopping by

6 comments:

Betty said...

your card is lovely Dawn - we have blue sky too but had our first snow of the season yesterday - all white early this morning - now just slush!!

Greta said...

Oh wow--it's freezing here today, so can barely remember the warm days--haha! Gorgeous pictures of your beautiful part of the world! Intended to play in the Scramble, but didn't work out. Your card is just gorgeous, Dawn!

Barb Ghig said...

So happy for you that summer has finally arrived! Gorgeous blue sky, too...I'm so jealous :)
I LOVE how you stamped your flowers and leaves on this card, Dawn! Your color palette is so pretty and your sentiment is perfect! Stunning card!!!

Virginia L. said...

I am so envious that you are having summer right now...the tropical flowers sure give me a lift in the long winter ahead here. Gorgeous stamping! Hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

We have had a few days of summer here too Dawn - nearly 28oC yesterday, despite what the metservice says on the weather forecast!!
Love your card, and you made great use of the set of stamps.
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

We have minuse 4 degree
I miss warm in Indonesia and your pict makes me warm ooh nice to be on the beach Dawn and the card is fabulous love this image and the colors is beauty!