Saturday 21 April 2018

Archie is 2

Yesterday, 20th April,  was my little grandson Archie's second birthday.... With the blink of an eye.... he is two .... but if you ask him he tells you he is six!  Or at least that's what he told us when we spoke with him!  It only seems like yesterday he was born.  His Mummy and Daddy take him to the zoo regularly and that's where they went yesterday.    So of course Nanny had to make him a zoo card for his birthday.



I found a DCWV Safari Paper pack in my stash and the perfect paper for the box card.  I stamped the animals and used my scanner to flip and print so I got matching pairs..  My Scan'N'Cut came in handy to cut them all out. 

His Mummy made him a train cake with zoo animal candles....with some help from Archie.....






Can't wait till I get to give him a big hug in July when we are visiting on our way to Ireland.  

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What Two already - seems only the other day he was born and you were in Aus!
Love your card Dawn - and thanks for sharing all the photos - that is one seriously impressive cake too!
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Such a gorgeous boy Dawn and I bet he loved his fabulous card.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh Dawn, this is adorable!! I can't believe it's already 2 years since he was born?!!! That is in the blink of an eye! What a perfect and utterly adorable creation to celebrate his special day too! I bet her LOVED it! Gorgeous train cake too. How gorgeous he got in on the action making the cake! What lovely days these are and they fly so fast! Hope you enjoyed that special celebration with him even if it had to be by Skype! (Thank heavens for these modern comms!) You'll be hanging out for those cuddles for sure!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Monika Reeck said...

Cuteee Fotos from Archie
kiss for him from me too
and love his card
so much adorable ness inside
I am sorry so less be in Bloggy land Dawn
I took dance salsa course and spanish course
less time in front of my computer and my craft table
by the way cute cake too yummmy
hugs
Monika

Monika Reeck said...

Just catch up a bit Dawn
hope you are happy read my comment and so sorry for so late
hugs
Monika

Barb Ghig said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Archie! What a cutie he is, Dawn...and what a wonderful Nanny he has to create this fabulous box card!!! Beautiful Copic coloring and I love how you added his name and age...super FUN!

Greta said...

Oh you've got to be kidding! Seems like you just announced that you were going to become a grandma! What a cutie pie Archie is & bet he loved his wonderful box card & the darling train cake! I'm jealous you're going to Ireland--was there nearly 40 years ago & love it!

creationsnz said...

A wonderful box card Dawn, seems just right for him too.