Tuesday 17 April 2018

Stamped and Stencilled backgrounds

I have another couple of card for my AECP classes.... First a card for Celebration: Stencil Techniques.   I LOVED this class.  There was so much inspiration from Laurel Beard.  She is the funniest, happiest of tutors.  I really got so many great ideas.  I had so many ideas floating around in my head... but was very inspired by Laurel's use of inks to colour up embossing paste. 


My background was made by mixing embossing paste with Parrot ink.  I used Altenew Layered Medallion B stencil and spread the paste through it.  Once it dried I added it to a pale green layer and then onto the dark grey card.  I took the Parrot from the Parrot Paradise stamp set.  I used Zig Markers to colour the parrot and then fussy cut and used some 3M mounting tape to pop it up.    The sentiment was white embossed onto the grey card.    I learned so many great techniques to use with stencils in this class.  I can totally recommend it. 

And my second card is for Clean and Simple Boutique Cards - I chose the Stamped Background lesson and was totally inspired by both Jennifer Rzasa and Yana Smakula.  I have already shared this background but here it is again.

I learnt that even a CAS card can be full of beautiful colour.  Jennifer is a great tutor as well.  Each of the classes is inspiring and really good value for money. 

Two more cards ticked off - I'm having great fun doing  the AECP class. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

7 comments:

Betty said...

two beautiful cards, Dawn - love Altenew's classes too - so inspiring and reasonable in price!

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Dawn, I adore the color contrast of stencil paste with the parrot! Your stamping on the 2nd card is superb! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

kiwimeskreations said...

What fabulous cards Dawn - love the stencilled background and the vibrant parrot over it. The background blooms are still stunning second time around!!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

These are wonderful, Dawn! I haven't colored embossing paste in ages, but you make me want to do that technique again!

creationsnz said...

Superb cards Dawn, as always. Love the colours in the parrot and that floral card is stunning. CarolG

Monika Reeck said...

the parrot card I love your stenciling
so much texture
Lovely made
and the floral card so beautiful my friend

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Dawn! I love all the texture you created with your stencil and your flowers are STUNNING!!!