Sunday 23 September 2018

Christmas cards - Poinsettias

Poinsettias are a favourite for me when making Christmas cards.  I have a number of stamps and dies that I can use.  My latest two Christm
as cards both use Poinsettias. 

First up is a card using a stunning Digital stamp from Graciellie Designs (from the Hello Christmas set)


I printed the Poinsettia and the pine cone onto some lightweight watercolour paper and used Altenew watercolour paints to colour and add some splatter.    I trimmed it down, layered with some dark green paper and onto a white base.   There is a little bit of Wink of Stella on the flower and pine cone. 

My second card used a stamped Poinsetta that I fussy cut out.


The Poinsettia - a Kiwi Stamping one - was stamped onto a piece of Yupo paper coloured with Alcohol inks and foiling.  I fussy cut the flower.   I took a piece of double sided patterned paper and using a Kaisercraft Poinsettia stamp and some Altenew green ink.   I used another Kaisercraft stamp set to stamp the sentiment.   I added the diecut Poinsettia over the stamped one. A stripe of the reverse side of the patterned paper finished off my card.   I have entered this into the Using Punches/Dies challenge at Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog and the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' challenge.

I also got to spend some time this weekend making more Alcohol ink backgrounds as well as enjoying a nice warm sunny day today - sitting outside this morning with a beautiful bright sky


It did cloud up a bit later in the day but we got to sit outside for most of the day.

Thanks for stopping by

5 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful cards Dawn, I also love poinsettias and have a few stamps too, just ordered another (cant resist them).

Betty said...

poinsettias are my favourite too, Dawn - two such pretty cards and the green AI one is fantastic!

Cindy C. said...

Both so delightful! The effect of alcohol ink is magical, the poinsettia on the second card so unique!

kiwimeskreations said...

What stunning cards Dawn - love the green one in particular - love what you have done with the Kiwistamping Poinsettia!
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Oh wow--absolutely love these cards, Dawn! Beautiful coloring for the 1st one & amazing AI poinsettia for the 2nd one! Great designs, too!