Saturday 22 September 2018

Alcohol ink blending...inspired by Jennifer

I really enjoy watching Jennifer McGuire's videos and techniques as she always has something fun to try.  Her Alcohol blending technique is no exception.  It involves using a special alcohol pen to "lift" the alcohol ink from your background.   I have had two of these pens - had them for years but haven't used them much so this afternoon I got to try out the technique.  I had made some backgrounds last weekend and a few more this afternoon.  I took one of my pinky red backgrounds and a Hero Arts stamp.

I stamped the background piece first with Versamark and white embossed it.  Then used Rose Gold powder to emboss the same image onto some white card.  Unfortunately I took my stamp off my MISTI before remembering that I wanted to white emboss again once I had lifted the ink.   And as it was a red rubber stamp, it was too difficult to re-align.   I also added a bit too much of the Alcohol blending solution to my pen and it splattered a few times...   I added the "lifted" ink to the white card.  I also coloured up the Dovecraft diecut with some ink from the rest of the background I had created.   I used a stacked diecut (cut 3 times) on my coloured background.  And added some gold Wink of Stella on top for a bit of sparkle.



I'm entering the first one into the Monochromatic Challenge at A Blog Named Hero and the second one in to the CAS challenge at A2Z Scrapbooking and Use punches or dies over at the Sweet Stampin' Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you get to have some fun crafting this weekend.


8 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful cards, Dawn - love this technique and you've aced it with those beautiful flowers - definitely going to give this a try soon!!

Arlene said...

Fantastic technique and I love both your cards. A Two cards for one technique. Beautiful.

Arlene said...

So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking this month.

Greta said...

I watched that video, too & now I need a pen! You've convinced me with your beautiful work, Dawn!

An Occasional Genius said...

Both beautiful cards Dawn, what a fab technique! Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin' xx

Karen Z. Bull said...

This is Karen Bull, a design team member for A Blog Named Hero. Love the pink card and the embossing - so soft and lovely. Thank you for playing along this month!

Karen L K said...

Both cards are so pretty! One nice and bold and the other more delicate. The look is very nice on each. Thanks for joining in over at a2z Scrapbooking.

Sammy said...

These are both so lovely! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x