Saturday 29 September 2018

Floral birthday watercolouring

My dear friend Yvonne celebrated her birthday yesterday.  I had a call from her hubby on Wed asking me if I would take her out for a drink to celebrate after work so he could cook a nice meal for her - without her trying to help out... so I did.  I picked her and one of her work friend's as well and we headed off to try out a local Wine Bar.  Very nice... especially as we got there with 5 mins to spare for the happy hour!   So once I dropped her friend home, we headed to her place and had a lovely meal with her daughter and grandchildren, her son and his fiance and her brother -in-law and his son and us...My hubby assisted hers in cooking a lovely three course meal.

I had made her this gorgeous (if I say so myself) watercolour floral card.


The image is a digi stamp from Make it Crafty.  I printed it onto some watercolour paper and used my Altenew watercolour paints and some paints from Koh-I-Noor.  Once I finished, the printed lines were a bit dull looking so I took a fine tip marker to draw around the edges.  This really made the image pop.  I added some gold Wink of Stella to colour the Hello and added the little white embossed sentiment from an Altenew set. 

Today was a beautiful sunny spring day and I was outside for quite a bit of the day.  Our swan plant is full of Monarch Butterfly caterpillars and I managed to get a photo of one of them beginning it's transformation


I will have to keep an eye on it to see if I can get a photo of the butterfly as it emerges.

Hope you all have a great weekend... Daylight Saving starts tomorrow... so one hour less sleep for me tonight, but that means Summer is on it's way!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful card, Dawn! That caterpillar is huge, Jo x

Betty said...

you're right - the card is gorgeous - and what a lovely way to spend your friend's birthday - love the caterpillar - will wait for more pics of it!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous creation Dawn! Love the watercolouring and fabulous card design. So pretty hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Greta said...

Always seems strange to think of you having spring when we have fall! What a lucky friend to get this gorgeous BD card! Sounds like a fun celebration!