Sunday 7 October 2018

World Card Making Day/ Weekend....

6 October is World Card Making Day so I invited my friend Suna over to have a "play date" with me.  We spent a couple of hours together... chatting and crafting... I haven't seen her for some time as she retired from work in April (we worked for the same Government Department) so it was great to catch up and enjoy the hobby we both love.

I got a DT card finished and a couple of quick Christmas cards done as well as my NZ couple technique swap card done... But as it's going to Maxine (who is a follower here)  won't be sharing that one till I know she has it!

So here are the two quick Christmas cards I made.  Using only patterned paper from a pack by Recollections called Northern Lights.  It is a beautiful pad with soft blues, teals, pinks etc.




I added some Wink of Stella onto the stars and called them done!  How quick is that.

I also started a card using some free stamps from a magazine and using one of the sample cards as inspiration.   Suna has shown me how she uses her watercolour pencils to colour without using water with them so I decided to try it with my Faber Castell watercolour pencils.... Finished it off after she left.


I added some sparkle to the centre of the flowers with Wink of Stella.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.  I used some Catherine Pooler inks to stamp the leaves that are directly on the card.   The edge die came with the stamps in the magazine.  I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Watercooler Wednesday's Anything Goes Feminine challenge
The Flower Challenge's Sparkle Challenge
MFT - World Card making Day - Flower Power challenge.

And of course because it's still the 6th in the Northern Hemisphere (7th here in NZ) I did some more cards today... will share later in the week.

Hope you got to spend some time crafting, be it stamping, cardmaking, scrapbooking... as long as you had the chance to be creative...

9 comments:

Betty said...

love those purple and blue cards you made from the patterned paper and your flower is so pretty - glad you had a fun WCMD!!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

So nice to craft with a friend! Love the cards you made!

Tinstar said...

Lovely cvar Dawn and bautiful colouring on those flowers. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

Gail said...

Love the colouring on your flowers! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Greta said...

That is one gorgeous paper pad & I love the cards you made with it, Dawn! Beautiful BD card, too!

Crystal Komara said...

Dawn, these are all beautiful cards and your coloring is very impressive on those flowers. Thank you for joining up with our challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Crystal

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful cards and I love the flowers. So pretty with the sparkle. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.

Monika Reeck said...

lovely effect colors on the sentiment Dawn
and the flower card wooohooo great colored
stunning Dawn
love the border leaves too
hugs
Monika

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I saw that gorgeous paper pad the other day and almost bought it! Now I know I must! What brilliant designs for quick fab Christmas cards! LOVE what you've done with the third image. Your colouring is delish on this, yay for playdates with crafty besties! Can't wait for ours!! Hugs, Wends xoxo