Sunday 25 November 2018

With a Twist.... AECP homework

I have got a bit behind with doing my home work for the Altenew Educators Certification Program but on Saturday I got my A into G and made a card.

 For my card, I used the class "With A Twist" as my inspiration.  This class was lead by Therese Calvird and is all about taking some tried and true techniques and twisting them. My inspiration was Therese's different colour combination... namely green and grey. It was hard to choose what to do as there is so much inspiration in this class.



I used some Grey inks to stamp the Beautiful Day flower onto the card base.  Used only the outline layer and one other.  I then did the same with the flower in green after using the outline in the grey and then die cutting it.  For the die cut leaves I used all the layers.   I white embossed the sentiment from Starry Flower set onto some grey card and then added a thin strip of glitter black washi.

As with all the Altenew Academy classes there is so much inspiration from their excellent tutors.

thanks for visiting today, each and everyone one of you who come and visit are really appreciated.

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Dawn - love the colours!! and the perceived dimension you have achieved with such a limited palette is stunning. That quote is unusual, and so needed in my life at the moment!
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

the flower looks so wonderful Dawn
great grey and green flower card
hugs
Monika

Greta said...

Strikingly beautiful, Dawn!

creationsnz said...

Great colour and I like how you highlighted the one flower.

Erum Tasneem said...

Looks fantastic!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.