Thursday 13 December 2018

WWC#200 - Helen's All About Occasions Challenge.


Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Helen is our hostess this week with an All About Occasions Challenge


I decided that I need to have a few sympathy cards on hand.  I'm often asked to make them for people at work.


I started with a piece of Strathmore Bristol paper and using Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp one of the flowers from Altenew's Engraved Flowers st.   I used a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to use Altenew inks (Wisteria, Hydrangea, Ultraviolet for the flower and Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades and Evergreen for the leaves).  The sparkle in real life is incredible.  I added some splatters of black and purple inks.  The sentiment is from another Altenew set - Fresh Freesia.  I had some shiny purple washi that I added along the bottom of the card.



Come join in the fun with any type of occasion card. Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday 1pm NZ time) to link up your project.




Thanks for looking and have a great day.
 


7 comments:

Karen Brown said...

Beautiful!

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh my, Dawn, what a beautiful card! I love the image, of course. The Altenew flowers are always so beautifully drawn. You've certainly done justice to them with your exquisite colouring. The splatter and washi tape add the perfect finishing touches.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Dawn, the colours are fabulous - I too have started to make some sympathy cards to have 'on hand'.
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

your card is gorgeous, Dawn - wonderful coloring!

Greta said...

Artistic, beautiful & perfect for a sympathy card, Dawn!

Monika Reeck said...

wow adorable coloring the Flower Dawn so Beautiful sympathy Card..love Always Purple Color on your Cards
hugs
Monika

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is SO beautiful Dawn. Love the depth of colour and the fab card design. Gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo