Sunday 28 April 2019

April CCC...

The card I made for this months CCC has arrived to it's recipient -  Denise in California.

I chose to use the sketch and the colours this month







   
 My card base is actually cream but hard to see in the photo.  And the stripes that look bluish are a dark grey.  I used an Altenew stamp set called Beautiful Day for the flower and leaves stamped with the grey inks and the sentiment is from another Altenew set.

thanks for stopping by today.  I'm away for the weekend and didn't take my cardmaking stuff - took my knitting as I needed to finish the little cardigan I am knitting for the new Granddaughter and she is due tomorrow ( but the signs are she'll be a bit later coming along)  I got it finished plus some booties to go with it.   And I started a cuddle bunny for one of the girls at work who is pregnant.  We have two of them in our work area, so I have two to knit.  Luckily they are nice and quick and easy to do. 



8 comments:

Greta said...

Gorgeous card for Denise--love that flower! You'll have to show us your knitting projects. Bet you're so excited your granddaughter is almost here!

Betty said...

love how you used those muted colors, Dawn - am sure Denise will love it too!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, such a striking way to use the colour combo! I love this, Dawn. Keeping it all crossed that the new baby makes her appearance soon, Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a dramatic and elegant card Dawn. I hope you had a restful weekend knitting
Blessings
Maxine

Angelnorth said...

This looks beautifully sophisticated Dawn, lovely card for CCC!

creationsnz said...

Another stunning example of your flowery fabulescence (how's that for a word?), but it does describe your talent for floral pieces. Well done you. CarolG

HilaryJane said...

There is something very special about this card, I think it must be the colours, unusual and stunning. How wonderful it will be for you to have a little baby around and enjoy grandmotherly duties - always special xx

Monika Reeck said...

simple and adorable
love that flower color feel vintage Dawn
hugs
Monika