Thursday 25 April 2019

Sunrise over the Sea

Hi.  It's my day to shine at Die Cut Divas. 
Our theme this month is Water and our fabulous Sponsor is
Altenew is one of my favourite companies at the moment.  They have a lot of beautiful floral stamps and all sorts of other stamps, dies and stencils.  For my card today I'm using a stamp set called "Be A Lighthouse"  I was inspired by a tutorial I saw over at Splitcoaststampers about making a sunrise scene. 

I started with some Sapphire ink to stamp the water several times, slightly moving each time.  I used my blender brushes to add some colour with the same ink.  I then masked it off, die cut a circle to use as a mask as well, and then used a variety of Altenew inks (Honey Drizzle, Autumn Blaze, Heart Beat, Vineyard Berry and Cosmic Berry) to blend onto the watercolour card.  Once I removed the mask, I lightly sponged the Yellow ink over the sun.  I added the lighthouse, and the gulls.  Finished with a sentiment from the same set.  I use a die to cut it out, and then used a couple of the larger dies to emboss around the panel for some texture. 

Due to a the big transformation/system upgrade at the NZ Inland Revenue Department (where I work) is closed down from last Thurs and not reopening till Friday 26th so I've had a few days off.  Lots of fun crafting time. 

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a spectacular card you have created Dawn - your time off certainly has been profitable (careful, the IRD may tax your profit)
Blessings
Maxine

Lucille K said...

What a beautiful card, Dawn and I just love the sentiment :)

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, this is stunning Dawn! Love your inky scene, so gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous sunrise card Dawn.

Monika Reeck said...

Stunning Dawn
love the bright color on your card
lovely Image too
great made
Hugs
Monika

Greta said...

Wow--absolutely gorgeous, Dawn!

Karren said...

This is beautiful and so very striking! I didn't know you worked at IRD - I was rushing like a madwoman to get our FBT and GST submitted before the system went down. Looks like the upgrade went well - I could log in again on Friday and that's always a good sign :)