Thursday 25 April 2019

WWC218 - Marsha's "All About Occasions" Challenge

Welcome to today's  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Marsha is our hostess this week with an "All About Occasions" challenge.


 Today I have done an ANZAC Day project.  ANZAC Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served". Observed on 25 April each year, Anzac Day was originally devised to honour the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who served in the Gallipoli Campaign, their first engagement in the Great War (1914–1918).


I started with a very light cream card onto which I used my computer to print out the poem.  I then blended some Altenew inks - Sweet Leaf for the sponging and Hunter Green for the splatters.  I used a Hero Arts stamp set called "Color layering Poppies" to stamp the two poppies (using Altenew, Coral Bliss, Heart Beat and Vineyard Berry).  I die cut them with the matching dies.  I then worked out where I wanted them and using the stems and buds directly only to card base.   Then added the die cut poppies.   I popped in the frame I got for $4 at Kmart.  I am very pleased with the results.


Come join in the fun.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 1pm NZ time) to link up your project.


5 comments:

Greta said...

Just gorgeous, Dawn!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card Dawn. Lest we forget!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning way to commemorate Anzac Day Dawn - that frame you have placed it in is perfect.
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

wooow I love that sentiment
and the flowers so adorable coloring
you are so creative Dawn
hugs
Monika

Helen said...

So pretty Dawn and just perfect for ANZAC Day! I always love poppies! This is a great way to use them other than on a card!