Monday 29 April 2019

Versatile Vases

It's my day to share at Die Cut Divas again... Our sponsor is the amazing Altenew
if you have been a follower of mine for anytime, you will know that I adore Altenew stamps,dies, inks, stencils etc. so I'm super happy that they are our sponsor this month. 

I recently got the Versatile Vases stamp and stencil set.   I knew it would be perfect for our theme this month  "water"


I started by stamping, masking, and some ink blending on my vase and the flower from Fresh Freesia set.  My original idea was to have the vase on a single layer but of course, a spludge of colour happened.  So change of plans... after colouring with a mixture of watercolour markers, Alcohol markers and Prismacolor pencils, I fussy cut the image and added to an embossed background.   I used Evening Grey ink to stamp the images and the sentiment and a brick folder from Sizzix. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  No baby yet!  Today is due day but I'm betting that maybe Thurs or Friday. 

7 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, I love that embossed background!

Betty said...

so pretty - have always loved that freesia stamp - wonderful background too!

Lin said...

Love your vase of flowers against the brick wall, Dawn!

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Dawn! Totally prefect for the challenge, Jo x

Greta said...

The countdown is almost over--so exciting! The vases set is beautiful--may "need" to get it one of these days. The brick embossed background looks great with the beautiful flower!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delightful card Dawn - love the way the flower 'pops'; against the textured background
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

the Vase is adorable Dawn
and the BG with that brick is wooow
great effect
one of my fav cards of you
hugs
Monika