Monday 22 April 2019

Atlenew Acadmey - Progressive Cardmaking - Day 1

I am taking the latest Altenew Academy class - Progressive Cardmaking with Justine Hovey as the tutor... Day one was all about Stamping with techniques for beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Justine is an excellent tutor and her cards were delightful.

Here is my homework....

Beginner - Justine shows us how to draw a diagonal line through the card and then using the MISTI putting stamps on one side, stamping and turning around and stamp the other side....

  I didn't have the stamps Justine used, but found this set "Adore Me" worked for me.  Once I had done the stamping it looked a bit bare, so used the smaller stamps from the set to fill in some of the spaces.  I then added the sentiment. 

Intermediate.

Justine used the new stamp set called "A Study in Watercolor" - a silhouette stamp set, but again, it's not one I own.  I looked through my Altenew sets and decided the base layer of the leaves in "Beautiful Day" stamp set would suffice.

I used some Mountain Mist and Volcano Lake inks to stamp the leaves.  One layer light and then the second layer slightly off-set in the darker colour.  Really love the look I achieved here.   Added the sentiment over the leaves and then added pale gold and white Nuvo drop. 

Advanced

For the advanced stamping Justine did some masking and watercolouring with Altenew watercolor makers.   She used "Wallpaper Art" stamp set.  This has lovely flower outlines.   I don't have this one either (me thinks an Altenew order needs to be made!)  I chose once again to try out the technique using the "Adore Me" set. 

I started by stamping and embossing the first flower, masked it and then stamped and embossed the other flowers.  With all the masks still in place, I used Altenew Caribbean Shores ink to blend around the flowers.  I used Altenew pan watercolours to add colour to the flowers.  When I had finished, my flowers look out of scale on the card... too little so made the card a 4-bar card (3.5" x 5")  now it look more to scale.   

Totally enjoyed the Day 1 and am excited to see what Day 2 brings - it's about using stencils.

Thanks for stopping by today. 

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Dawn. Jo x

Justine Hovey said...

Wow, you're quick with getting your cards posted. All three of them are beautiful. Thanks so much for taking my Altenew Class! Hugs!

Betty said...

wonderful cards, Dawn - i'm registered but just haven't started the class yet - looks like it's going to be fantastic!!

Maria said...

Preciosas las tres tarjetas!! enhorabuena....

Bev said...

3 beautiful cards with gorgeous sentiments. Can’t wait to start.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

These are all stunning Dawn! LOVE that monochrome, so striking, but they're all beautiful. Hugs, Wends xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow - what awesome results Dawn - love the 'save' you did on the final card by cutting down to get the proportions better.
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa K said...

Beautiful cards! I am taking the class and am enjoying seeing your cards in the gallery. Time to look in my stash and get busy.

Greta said...

Great job with your homework, Dawn--so pretty!

Monika Reeck said...

The first card I love the Black and white on this card
second one love the leaves double here..
the last one woooww this is my fav
love the color combo and the blue BG there
hugs
Monika

creationsnz said...

Wow Dawn, this is awesome, the colours are so vibrant. CarolG