Friday 19 April 2019

Happy Easter... every day is a gift

It's Good Friday today and I got a bit of time to play in my craft room.  A couple of cards done... am now well ahead with my DT samples.  This afternoon I pulled out an alcohol background I had done on some photo paper.  It was a bit more vibrant than usual so decided to trim it down a bit for just a smaller focal panel.


I layered the panel onto a maroon card and then onto a cream base.  I die cut the Memory Box Bella Bouquet from the cream card and added to the card.  I used Altenew Rose Gold embossing powder to add the sentiment.   Like how the maroon card really showed off the panel.

Today was a really nice day, the sun was shining and it was warm.  Hubby went over to our son's place to help him remove some trees and plant some new fruit trees... 4 Feijoas.  I made some veggie soup and took it around for lunch.  Erin is only 10 days away from due date... so I thought I'd take this around so she didn't have to prepare lunch for the boys.  

Happy Easter to you all. 

6 comments:

Betty said...

the white flowers are perfect with the darker background - lovely card, Dawn!

Greta said...

The maroon cardstock was the perfect choice & I love how the flowers pop off the AI background, Dawn! Bet you're so excited the baby is almost here! Happy Easter!

creationsnz said...

The vivid background certainly makes a great background for the flower spray. It's gorgeous. CarolG

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Dawn this is stunning - love how the maroon 'fits' the AI panel perfectly, and the die cut is stunning against it.
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh how true that sentiment is when you've loved and lost! A beautiful card hun, love those rich lush dark tones. The gold just shines on them! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Monika Reeck said...

Love the purple cardstock and this flower in white really pop up
stunning card Dawn
love love love
hug
Monika