Sunday 7 April 2019

Crafting Sunday

I got to spend some time in the craft room this afternoon.  I wanted to join a few challenges so got out some stamps and went to it...

First off, I saw the challenge at Just Us Girls - Word of the week "Houses"

I chose a bird house that as a freebie back in 2015.  It is a Crafter's Companion set that was in collaboration with Quick Cards.


I stamped the image onto some super smooth cream cardstock and used Zig Real Brush markers and some water to colour the image.  The sentiment was in the same set.  I matted it onto some darker cream card then onto a base.

My next two cards are both going into the Delectable Die-cuts challenge at Christmas Kickstart Challenge


First up is this CAS card.  I started by embossing the background with a holly folder.  The die cut is a two part one that came with a magazine, that my newsagent was selling for $4.  It was the embossing folder and the die plus another twig die.  I used some vellum to cut the layering part and the maroon card for the inner part.  Added some Nuvo drops to finish.

Next one used a sleigh die, again a set that came with a magazine.  It had a little embossing folder, a die and the stamp set.


I started by using some Altenew Sea Glass ink to sponge on the top part of the card before embossing the little strip at the top.  I left the bottom part of the card plain to be the snow.  I cut the sleigh die twice, once in a rose gold foil card and once in red.  I trimmed the red piece and layered it on top of the gold part.  I added the sentiment in black ink and the reindeer in Altenew Espresso ink  I stamped and coloured Santa and his bag of presents and fussy cut them.  Added some Stickles for snow.  Mounted onto some red card and then a white base.

You can see my background for my photos...it's a new backdrop I made today... I made two day


I got some book covering vinyl and two 12 x 12 cake boards that were about 1/8".  I added the vinyl to both sides of the boards... one colour on each side so I could get both the bottom and back.

Thanks for stopping by. Your visits are appreciated.

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love cards, Dawn, and I love your card stages too! Thanks for playing along at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge,m Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn and I love the backdrops you have created for your card photographs. Thanks for joining the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Macimbalo said...

Such a cute house card! Love your take on the challenge and thanks for sharing at JUGS this week!

Greta said...

I really love the sweet bird house image & your coloring is wonderful, Dawn! The elegant Christmas card is beautiful & the Santa card is just delightful! Good day of crafting, for sure!

Bobby said...

What a darling little bird house, Dawn. Thanks for sharing it in our house challenge at Just Us Girls. BTW: I love your idea for backdrops for your cards.

Monika Reeck said...

First card ove the coloring job there sweeet bird house
second card love the color and your embossing Dawn
Third card so sweet this scene
and the backdrop you made is wooow I never made similar like this
so beautiful for each of your card Dawn
hugs
Monika