Thursday 11 April 2019

WWC216 Dawn's "All About Occasions" Challenge


Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  I'm the hostess this week with an "All about Occasions" challenge.


For me April is the birthday month for my Grandson.  He's going to be 3 this year on 20th April...and if my new grandbaby comes on time, she'll be an April baby too... due 29th.

Anyway as I have to get Archie's card off in plenty of time to get to him in time... I've made his card and am sharing it today.


There's a little story behind this card.  For his birthday his Pop and I are getting him a Trunki (a cute as little suitcase) and his mum showed him the different ones and he chose this one

So I decided that a bumble bee card would be cool.  I searched the internet to find a bumble bee digi stamp and found this cutie at Dollar Graphic Depot.   I printed it out together with the 3 and the sentiment.  I used my Scan'n'Cut to cut out the number and the little bee.  To make my background I used a Hexagon Cover Die (not sure of the make) to make a stencil.  I used two Altenew inks - Vanilla Cream and Lemon Fresh with my Picket Fence brushes to blend through the handmade stencil.  I added dimension to the bee, the number and the sentiment.  
 
A simple but fun card.  Come join in the fun and make a card for your choice of occasion. Check out the projects that the other artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created, then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.   You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 1pm NZ time) to link up your project.
 
Thanks for stopping by today. 

  

8 comments:

Michelle W said...

Such a cute card Dawn and perfect to go with that adorable suit case!

Betty said...

darling card, Dawn!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Dawn - I am sure Archie will love it
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

Darling card and I so enjoyed the story behind it and that cute little suitcase. Enjoy!

Greta said...

Hard to believe Archie is 3! The suitcase is just adorable & your card is perfect to go with it!

Monika Reeck said...

Ahh cute Bee
love the BG Shading you did
sweet card Dawn
hugs
Monika

Mac Mable said...

Love the story behind your super cute card. Such a fun and happy card, love the blending, the way you used a die cut to stencil with and that adorable bee image. Archie is going to love it x

creationsnz said...

love the bee theme. Those little cases are cute aren't they. My granddaughter (10) has a watermelon one.