Sunday 12 May 2019

AECP - Color Your Day

Today I am sharing a couple of cards I made as part of my Altenew Educators Certification Program -
I am working on my Level 2 program.  The class I am working on is called "Color Your Day".  This class was taken by Therese Calvird.  She is a fabulous tutor and this class was awesome. The class was designed to help you feel more confident using color in your projects.  You can be inspired by colours and that inspiration can come from literally everywhere.  Therese used some photos to give her inspiration in day one's class. 

I did some Pinterest searching to find colour combinations that inspired me.  Here's what I found
Blue and yellow became my inspiration

My first card used a Dark Navy base and then I made a bouquet using flowers and leaves from the "Adore You" set.  I coloured these with a combination of Altenew markers an Spectrum Noir markers. As I don't have the dies, I fussy cut the flowers and leaves before layering them together.  The sentiment is from "Fresh Freesia" set.  I added a frame drawn with a white gel pen and some white Nuvo drops.


I also made this card inspired by the blues and yellows.


This time I used a slightly lighter blue base.   I started by stamping the "Fresh Freesia" stamp onto some white card and coloured it with the markers.  I then fussy cut - time consuming as I used a craft knife so I could get it close to the stamped image.  I added it to the card and then white embossed the sentiment from the same set.  I cut a quick mask from computer paper and laid it over the flower, while I added the splatters of watered down silver acrylic paint.  I trimmed the image and added to a white card base.


I learn a lot from this class.  Colour inspiration is all around us.  Use of a colour wheel can also help with finding the colours that work together.  Therese also explain a formula that is a guide to a good combination for using colours together... 70 / 20 / 10.

Thanks for stopping by today. 


6 comments:

Betty said...

fabulous cards, Dawn - blue and yellow are always winners and with these gorgeous altenew flowers you get an A+

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn, these cards are stunning - love the crisp clear yellows against the blues.
Blessings
Maxine

Erum Tasneem said...

Beautiful cards, Dawn. I love the clean look of the first card and also love the splatters on the second. Well done!
Thanks for entering your gorgeous work in the AECP gallery.

CinnamonSally said...

Two beautiful cards Dawn, love the vibrant blue and yellow!

Greta said...

Striking & beautiful, Dawn! Love your coloring!

Virginia L. said...

Wow wow wow, Dawn....can you see your progress? The projects that you posted are stunning! Love love both projects and you sure make the projects your own after the inspiration! You really aced this course! I can't wait to see what you create next! BRAVO! I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! Super work!