Friday 17 May 2019

Amazingly Amazing.

Today I'm sharing a card I made for a colleague.  It's to say thanks for being so awesome.  Jen and I have been working together over the past two and a bit weeks to support and assist our other colleagues with coming to terms with the business transformation and changes our work has made.  She has been just amazingly amazing. 

My long time arriving parcel arrived last week and I finally had time to play.


As the background die is A2 American size which is different to our NZ sizing, I adapted it by using the pieces that came out of the die.  I used die cut as a template to add the pieces and then mounted onto the mat.  I stamped the Book Club stamp and added the sentiment from Catherine Pooler Designs "Lovely Flowers"   I used Alcohol markers to colour up the image.  I used the image on the die cut package for my inspiration.   Once I had die cut the stamp, I added to the base.  Added some white Nuvo drops.

Off to the beach for the weekend and then to visit Grace and her Mum and Dad on the way home on Sunday. 

6 comments:

Lin said...

Pretty design, Dawn! The main motif looks good against the diminishing stripes!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that striped background Dawn - I used to do knitting using stripes like that. Placing the flowers over the dramatic background has really made them stand out
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

wonderful card Dawn - your friend will surely love it!

Greta said...

Love how you did the coloring & the background is wonderful! Have fun visiting baby Grace!

Monika Reeck said...

love the stripes Dawn
so beautiful with the flowers Image
great card
hugs
Monika

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, DAwn, Jo x