Thursday 23 May 2019

WWC#222 Helen's "All About Occasions" challenge


Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Helen is our hostess this week with an "All about Occasions" challenge.


I'm building up my Birthday card stash so here's another one.  I has reviewed one of my Altenew Academy class... All About Layering 3 and day 1 used Altenew Sweet Rose Bouquet.  




I stamped the layered rose set onto some white card using Altenew Enchanted Garden mini cubes (Wisteria, Hydrangea, Ultraviolet and Andromeda) for the roses and Green Valley set (Firefly, Green Field and Shadow Creek) for the leaves. I fussy cut the rose bouquet with scissors and a craft knife.  I wanted some soft brown stripes and wasn't able to find any in my huge hoard of Patterned papers, so just took a sheet and turned it over and took the Altenew Classy Stripes stencils, my blending brush and Vanilla Cream ink and made my own.  I added a lovely lacy washi tape along the bottom.  I chose to use a sentiment from a Clearly Besotted set A few purple sequins and it was done.


Come join in the fun.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at midday NZ time) to link up your project

5 comments:

Betty said...

lovely card, Dawn - and such a pretty color combo!

Tristan said...

Dawn this is a beautiful card. Love those purples and greens over the gold stripes. Well balanced.

Greta said...

Beautiful flowers & I would never have known that was Washi--love it! Hope momma & baby are doing well now--& daddy!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Dawn - well done on the sonderful layered stamping on the flowers and leaves - and for creating your own background!
Blessings
Maxine

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love the amazing, rich colors of the flower.