Friday 31 May 2019

More stenciling multiple ways

I got some new goodies this week and one was an Altenew stencil called " Flowing Hearts" as well as a new Altenew ink pad called "Enchanted Gold".  It's a pigment ink that is very shimmery.    So I used a technique from the class "Stenciling Multiple Ways" - using a pen to outline the heart. 




I blended the gold ink through the stencil with blending brushes.  I then added a clear sparkle gelly roll pen around each swirl.  It's hard to see ... here's a close up


It's so shimmery in real life.   I also added a few spots of white gel pen on the little dots and circles.   You can also see the shimmer in the ink, where I did a direct to paper technique for die cutting the sentiment. 

Also part of my new goodies were some Lucy's Little Things clear gems.   They are gorgeous and finished this card perfectly.

I'm entering this into the Anything Goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp as well as at The Sisterhood of Crafters - Wedding or Anniversary. 

I'm super excited as my daughter, son in law and grandson arrive at 6.00am tomorrow morning.  I haven't seen them since mid July last year... so can hardly wait.  I'll have both my children and both my grandchildren at home... and even more special they will be here for my birthday on the 14th.  First time in a number of years everyone has been together. 

7 comments:

Betty said...

neat idea, Dawn - and the gold is fantastic. have fun with your daughter and family - my daughter is coming on tuesday for a week and i'm so looking forward to it!

CinnamonSally said...

Love your gold with the stencil Dawn such an elegant design.

Greta said...

How wonderful your family will all be together, Dawn--have fun! This is just gorgeous with the gold & sparkle--love it!

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful! Love how you created this wonderful wedding card! The gold is perfect for your stenciling. Thank you for playing in my Wedding challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you join us again.

Diane said...

Very beautiful and elegant card with the pretty golds! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful and very elegant.
:) Karen

Darlene said...

Just beautiful Dawn! I just purchased the blending brushes and can't wait to play. Thanks for inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Wedding/Anniversary’ challenge. Please come back again soon and Good Luck!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!