Monday 3 June 2019

With Deepest Sympathy

I managed to get a few moments in my craft room on Saturday while my daughter, son in law and Grandson were having a nap after their long trip from Perth.    I like to have a sympathy card or two on hand just in case.   I was sorting some stamps and other stuff on my desk and found my roll of Altenew washi "Monochrome Washi"  I was inspired to use it like I've seen one of the newer washi tapes being used... added to white card and then fussy cut, although the newer washi can be die cut with a matching die.  

I added the washi to white card and then did my fussy cutting 


I prepped my panel by using my score pal to make score marks around the card.  I stamped the sentiment from the "Fresh Freesia' set from Altenew then added the cut out floral tape.  I finished with some Ice Cube jewels from Lucy's Little Things.  I'm loving these lovelies.

It's really was a quick, CAS card.  

I'm adding this to the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes.  
WordArt Wednesday - Anything Goes

And I'm finishing with a sweet photo of my two grandies


Archie and Grace.

5 comments:

Betty said...

lovely card and sweet darling little ones! have fun with them.

Karen Dunbrook said...

precious picture...lovely card.
:) Karen

Arlene said...

Gorgeous card and what a great photo.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--the picture of Archie & Grace is absolutely a treasure! Fussy cutting the Washi was a great idea for a sympathy card, Dawn--one of my favorites!

creationsnz said...

Cuties both. And the card is just swoonful! CarolG