Tuesday 4 June 2019

Altenew June Inspiration

My on-line friend Virginia has set the Altenew Inspiration challenge this month... using a photo her husband took in Iceland

Altenew-June2019-Inspiration 

Virginia made a fabulous card using a vase and it inspired me as well.  


I used the colours - yellow and red for my flowers and the grey-green for my stenciled background.  The stencil is from Hero Arts.  The ink is from Altenew - Lava Rock.  The flowers are from the Starry Flowers set and coloured with Altenew Alcohol markers. I fussy cut the flowers so I could have then cascading down the vase.   My vase was made by stamping the tall vase from "Versatile Vases" onto some patterned paper and then cutting it out.  I added the thank you sentiment to finish off my card.

My daughter and family have headed south for a few days to visit the snow.... she messaged me tonight to say the little man had been asking when they were going back to Nanny and Pops house "cause they will be home now and I can see them or I will miss them"  - how sweet.  Melts my heart.  They will be back by the weekend.   

Thanks for stopping by.


3 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous creation, Dawn! Love the partial stenciling in the background. Your inking/coloring on the Starry Flowers are lovely and that VASE is so striking! I am glad that you are inspired! Thanks so much for playing Altenew June Inspiration Challenge! FABULOUS!

Greta said...

How beautiful, Dawn! The unique background is beautiful!

Monika Reeck said...

I love that BG too and
that flowers coloring so beautiful Dawn
Adorable card
hugs
Monika