Thursday 30 May 2019

WWC#223 Anything Goes challenge


Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  This week is an "Anything Goes" challenge being the 5th Wednesday of the month.





Can you image it's the end of May.  5 months of the year gone by...   Today I have a birthday card to share. 



I have to admit to making the ink blended stenciled flower some time ago as part of a class was taking over at Altenew Academy, but it sat unfinished for some time.  So here it finally is, all completed.   I used a Penny Black stencil called Lustre.  I used Altenew inks in Coral Bliss, Hydrangea,  Green Fields and Firefly.  Once I had finished the stenciling, I gently blended some of the Coral Bliss and Firefly over the entire roses and leaves to give a glow.  I then used a Coral and Green Prismacolor pencil to add some detailing.  Add the Nuvo white drops.  I added a sentiment from Altenew Happy Bloom set and some clear sequins.  The sentiment is curved to fit a banner in the stamp set, but like the look it gives just stamped here. 


Come join in the fun.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at midday NZ time) to link up your project.

4 comments:

Betty said...

so pretty, Dawn - love the colors you used!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

So pretty.
I love how the blending gives the flowers a velvety look.
Thanks for choosing my baby card as a watercooler rocker.
xxx

Nora Noll said...

This is gorgeous!! I LOVE the stenciling you did!!

Greta said...

What a gorgeous stencil & love how you made it into a card, Dawn! The sentiment is really fun with the curve!