Sunday 30 June 2019

Day 2 - 3D Floral Focus - monochrome


Day 2 of the class, Therese talked about using a monochromatic theme to your flowers.   For my monochromatic colours, I chose various cream cardstock... one textured, one dark cream and one a more lighter cream colour.


I used Floral Fantasy 3D dies for this one.   To allow the creams to shine, I used a black pearlescent card.  I took some white acrylic paint and water it down to add splatters onto the black.   I white embossed the sentiment from Build a Flower - Rose set.  I added the black panel to a grey card.  Added a few clear gems.

Today I made a quick card for a friend.  I was inspired by a card I saw from the lovely Lin where she made her flowers green.


I used Lime. Limeade and Fresh Leaf inks together with Forest Glandes and Evergreen inks for the leaves.   I made the background by blending some grey inks through a TCW brick stencil and added some black and white paint splatters. Love the real grungy look I achieved.   I added a little sentiment embossed in white on some of the black pearlescent card and a little washi added above.  This sentiment is perfect for my friend as she really is unique. 

Had a lovely visit from Kieran, Erin and Grace today.  Grace was awake when they arrived so I got some Nanny cuddles before she had a feed and went to sleep.  I had to stretch lunch a little as they arrived just before, but did come with some yummy little bread pizzas. 






6 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Dawn and little Grace is beautiful.

lostinpaper said...

Your cards are both beautiful Dawn! I have to say that I love the elegance of the cream flower on the dark background and the spatters added the perfect touch!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Dawn these cards are stunning - love the drama of the black background for the cream flower, and the grungy bricked look to the second one contrasts so well with the green flower!
Grace looks so peaceful there :)
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

ooh cuutee little baby kiss kiss
the second card is drammatic Dawn
love the splatter on the brick wooowww
the first one adorable flower in soft color against black
Love them both
hugs
Monika

creationsnz said...

Both super cards Dawn; my favourite has to be the black one with the gorgeous flower. Lovely to see baby Grace too. CarolG

Greta said...

Sweet baby pic! 2 beautiful floral cards, Dawn & I especially love the creamy monochromatic one!