Saturday 29 June 2019

3D Floral Focus class - Altenew Academy

After seeing the delightful cards made by my friend, Betty, I signed up for the Altenew Academy class, 3D Floral Focus being tutored by the amazing Therese Calvid.   I only have two Altenew 3D floral dies... one was  a freebie with a magazine a while back and the other is Floral Fantasy. 


Day one was about basic layering of the 3D dies.   I don't have any of the Altenew card stock and not a lot of matching colours... have heaps of card but often in random colours.  So I got around that by using my inks to colour the dies


For this card I CASE'd Therese card.  I used the freebie die and cut all the layers from some pink card and then used Altenew inks - Pink Pearl, Coral Bliss, and Heart Beat.   I swapped up the second and third layers for the rose that sits on the top.  I used the leaves from the die to make the smaller leaves, and used the leaves from Build a Flower - Roses for the larger single layer leaves.  Added some branches die cut with a Memory Box die.   I added some texture paste through the Altenew Broken Chevron stencil on my background.  I used a sentiment from Adore You set to finish off.  

I've done Day 2 - monochromatic - homework but still need to take a photograph of it.  I still have a couple of days worth of videos to view as well. 

And to finish off here's the latest pic of Grace..... 7 weeks now

 Such a wee sweetie.   Mum is doing well after having her appendix removed early Tuesday. 

9 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, this is pretty, Dawn! These flowers really pop with the kraft and textured background! And little Grace is a sweetie - what a pretty name, and a joy for you, I'm sure!

Arlene said...

Nicely done! I like how you built everything up. The addition of the branches was perfect.

And oh, that little girl is a cutie and so happy too.

Betty said...

I'm glad I inspired you take that class, Dawn 'cause I really enjoyed it - and your card is gorgeous - and so is baby Grace!!

lostinpaper said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful Dawn! And creating your very own coloured cardstock for the layers is genius! ps Grace is such a cutie!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, sweet Grace. What a fab pic! Love your gorgeous card hun, that textured background is fabulous and the lovely dies make a really beautiful card. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn, Grace is so sweet, despite Mum's rough start to life with her! Loving your card, and sounds as though you really do have the "Kiwi #8 wire" approach and are never defeated by lack of the branded supplies. Your fabulous background really shows he rose off beautifully!
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Grace is so sweet 7 weeks and cuutee smile...muaccch kiss from Aunty Monika
the flower is fantastic Dawn
and the BG is woohooo I am in love
great adorable card
hugs
Monika

creationsnz said...

Love that texture!

Greta said...

Oh such a cute baby girl! Your card is amazing, Dawn--an A for sure!