Thursday 27 June 2019

WWC227 Michelle's "All About Occasions" challenge

Hello there, it’s time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Michelle is our hostess this week with an "All About Occasions"  challenge. 



I had to make a Belated Birthday card as I completely forgot a friend's card.


My background was made by dry embossing the Broken Chevron stencil from Altenew.  I learnt about doing this when I took Laurel Beard's class at the Altenew Academy.   Laurel taught us to do the dry embossing and then keeping the stencil in place, blending inks over top.  It's hard to see the wonderful texture this gives.  I used Altenew inks - Baby Pink, Fuchsia, Limeade and Lime.   I then added some Lindy's Gang spray and some white iridescence spray.  The shimmer in real life is stunning.   I added a flower and bee sticker from Uniti.  The sentiment is from WPlus9.  I matted the panel into some dark pink card and onto a square card base.

Come join in the fun.  Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post. We’d love to have you join us.  You have until Mondays at 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (Tuesdays at 11.00am NZ time) to link up your project

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

I think I could do with getting that sentiment as I seem to be forgetting everyone's birthday just lately! Lovely card, Dawn, Jo x

Tristan said...

Love that background Dawn - such pretty colours.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Hehehe, that sentiment is brilliant Dawn. What a fun creation hun. Gorgeous ink work. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that dramatic background Dawn, and a fabulous card - made all the better with that fun sentiment!
Blessings
Maxine

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card Dawn and I could do with that sentiment! Haha

creationsnz said...

A wonderful smudgy background Dawn and very handy sentiment. CarolG

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous background!