Monday 10 June 2019

Weekend fun

Hi there... I'm been playing in my craft room over the weekend and today... The kids were away down south for a few days...



I got a few cards made on Saturday to get ahead of my samples for Watercooler Wednesday.  So keep a look a out for them in the future.. Sunday I spend catching up on watching videos.  And trying out a technique from Lydia Evans... an oldie but a goodie.... using inks on an acrylic block.  I follow Karen  Dunbrook on Facebook and was inspired by her cards as well.


I used some Zig markers to scribble onto my block and spritzed with water before stamping onto some watercolour paper.  I then used a Hero Arts stamp Night and Day Flowers.  I used my MISTI  to stamped the flowers firstly onto the smooshed piece which I had positioned onto the card base, then moved it out of the way and stamped again fully on the base.  I then lined up the two lots of stamping and stuck it down.  I added the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp  and some clear jewels.

Sunday I decided to make a card for Jo's Christmas Kickstart challenge... the theme is "The Elves and the Shoemaker"  I used a sweet elf from Bugaboo for my card.  I finished it off this morning. 


I originally put my panel onto a red card base.... but did this~


Yeap... put it on the wrong side of the card.  As you can see above, I managed to salvage the card by trimming the red base and adding to a blue card base. 

I'm on holiday this week, to spend time with Emma, Andrew and Archie.... today we spend some having coffee, shopping and playing in the playgrounds at the Mall and then later in the day, Emma and Archie joined hubby on his daily walk


and today Miss Grace is one month old



She has started smiling now....

Thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness - real snow! Lovely cards and a lovely post too, Dawn! Not sure which is cuter your sweet elf or that adorable little lady in her yellow onsie! Thanks for playing along at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Jo x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What delish pics!! Can't believe Emma is already a month old! Cutie pie, gorgeous smile! Too funny about adding your design on the wrong side of the page. i've added mine upside down too many times to count! LOL. LOVE your inky creation too hun, it's fabulous! Enjoy your time with the family. Hoping to catch up with you at SENZ?! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Greta said...

Oh dear--time does fly! Seems like you were just waiting for Emma to be born a few days ago! Such cute pictures of the kiddos, Dawn--glad you're having family time. Gorgeous acrylic block card--I was inspired to do it again, but haven't yet. Super cute Christmas card!

Monika Reeck said...

cuutee baby with one month card
lovely photo too Dawn
and the card I love both but my fav the one with elf so so cuutee and lovely coloring
hugs
Monika

Marina said...

Your beautifully -coloured elf looks great on the stripey background.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous watercoloring with your Zigs, Dawn! I love that you chose the silhouette flower for your design, too...so striking! I also love your darling Christmas card...great save, too :)
Miss Grace is absolutely darling! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely family photos with us!