Saturday 27 July 2019

Monoprinting Made Easy - home work

I signed up for the Altenew Academy class "Monoprinting Made Easy" with Sara Naumann  and have watched all your tutorial videos.  This afternoon I got to play.  I have a 3" x 5" gelli plate - the same size as Sara used.   I tried a number of the different ways to use Inks - dye inks and pigment inks, Alcohol inks, watercolour paints and sprays.  I did not have much success with the AI - the glossy card stuck to me gelli plate and left it ruined, luckily either side of the plate can be used.


As you see lots of background made.  Some I'm happy with, some not so happy but I'm sure I'll be able to do something with them.

I made two cards so far.  Both are from Day 1 - using Dye inks


This one uses three inks dragged across the gelli plate and spritzed with water and then a print pulled onto copy paper.    I copied Sara's design - adding my favourite Beautiful Day stamp.


With this one, I used two green inks - and then used the leaf stamp from the Beautiful Day set to pull off some of the inks.  I stamped this ink onto white card to make another background.  Used copy paper to pull the background.  I used a darker green ink to stamp onto the background.  I trimmed and added to the green mat.  Sentiment from Altenew Sentiment Stripes.

this is the leaves I stamped off.  I loved this idea so I did a few more backgrounds in different colours.

So lots more backgrounds to keep me going for a while.

As I was trying out a new technique, I am adding this to Virginia's Show and Share....
Thanks for stopping by today.  Happy crafting to you all.

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great class to take Dawn - I was going to buy a gelli plate but Meetu had none, as I also toyed with doing this class.
Love your results, especially the leaf one
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

looks like another fun technique for backgrounds and you've created some wonderful backgrounds and pretty cards so far!

Dotty Jo said...

They look like great backgrounds, Dawn. I've had little or no success with monoprinting as everything seems too sticky, Jo x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Ooh I LOVE seeing your inky adventures! I'm so the 'pretty paper' crafter, I really don't like getting inky, but you inspire me to want to try! Can't wait to see what else you make with these. Two fab cards to start! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Virginia L. said...

You have now inspired me to try out my new Gelli Plate (mine is 5"x5")! I am a little intimidated to use it....but your samples are lovely and I am glad that you linked up to my challenge! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s “Show & Share”! FABULOUS work as always, Dawn!

Greta said...

Oh wow--I HAVE to take that class! My geli plate is probably 10 yrs old & still unopened! At least it was a prize & I didn't buy it--haha! Your backgrounds are amazing, Dawn & I love the cards you've made so far! Some Geli plate projects are just too "artsy" for me, but I just love your results!